We are happy to announce Beta 1 for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 5:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP (SLES for SAP),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA and SLEHA GEO),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise for High Performance Computing (SLEHPC).
Download available here!
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 5 (SLE 12 SP5) is the last Service Pack of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (SLE 12) code stream.
- This Service Pack 5 is a consolidation Service Pack release, which includes:
- Delivery of all fixes and updates introduced since SLE 12 SP4,
- Accelerate the release cadence for Service Packs from 16-18 month to 12 month,
- Additional product migration paths from previous releases for more customer flexibility,
- Selected features and new hardware support driven by partner and customer requirements.
- No Desktop product for SLE 12 SP5:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 12 End Of Life is on Dec 31st 2019, and thus we will not deliver SLED 12 SP5. Customers are kindly ask to use either SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 with the Workstation Extension or migrate to SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP1.
- Kernel used for SLE 12 SP5 is the same as SLE 15 SP1,
- Beta Registration Codes are available to get access to the Online Channels through SCC, SMT, RMT or SUSE Manager. Please request your Beta Registration Codes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notable updates of following drivers to the latest versions:
- iavf (i40evf), igbvf, ixgbevf, igc, i40iw, i40e, fm10k, ixgbe, ice, e1000e, igb.
- Newly added java-9-openjdk java-10-openjdk java-11-openjdk:
- Dropping SUSE L3 support for IBM java. Followed by reworked support statement for OpenJDK in the Release Notes.
- Support for Intel Optane Memory Mode:
- related mcelog utility and EDAC jsc#SLE-4792.
- Notable update of rdma-core to v22.3:
- This is a BIG change as it pulled in a lot of new packages bsc#1137369 and bsc#996146.
- New Intel Media Driver for Video Acceleration API jsc#SLE-4974:
- Addition of intel-media-driver and Intel,
- Relevant updates to Mesa, Mesa-drivers, gmmlib, intel-media-driver, intel-vaapi-driver, libdrm, libva, libva-gl, libva1, python-Mako,
- Pending addition of libmfx package which will close the loop (Beta 2),
- Mesa updated to latest version to support Comet lake jsc#SLE-4853,
- Updated qclib to 1.4.0.
Some most notable changes planned (best effort but no guarantee) for the next milestones:
Beta 2 (Jul 12th)
- More driver updates ex. FPGA S10 support (Intel Stratix10)
- Intel Media SDK, pending addition of a new libmfx package (didn’t make it to Beta1)
- provide and support Flatpak in SLE12
- powerpc-utils package update – ppc64le
- PowerTop add PCIe GEN4 Data Register data
- systemd Update
- Valgrind Update
- Enhanced snapper space-aware clean-up algorithm to ensure minimal free space is available
Beta 3 (Aug 22th)
- saptune Update
- Backport kernel mitigation settings from 15-SP1 to 12-SP5
- Terraform and SALT automation for SAP HANA on Package Hub
Reminder for SLE 15 SP1
SLE 15 SP1 was declared Gold Master internally, We will close the SLE 15 SP1 Public Beta Program on June 21th 2019, which still give you time to report and discuss before the official release of SLE 15 SP1 GM, scheduled for June 24th 2019!